- The Club shall be called THE LONDON FREIGHT CLUB.
- The purpose of the Club shall be to further the interests of the Shipping & Logistics profession and to promote and develop a spirit of goodwill. It shall be entirely non-political in character.
- The Officers of the Club shall consist of Members of at least five consecutive years standing and shall consist of: –
a) The Chairman who shall preside at all meetings and functions of the Club and at all Committee meetings. THE CHAIRMAN SHALL HOLD OFFICE FOR ONE YEAR ADD EXCEPT IN EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN THE COMMITTEE MAY EXTEND. In their absence a past Chairman to deputise.
b) The Vice-Chairman who shall be selected by the Committee and, after confirmation be appointed at the Annual General Meeting, and in due course succeed the Chairman.
c) The Honorary Secretary shall also be Secretary to the Committee. It shall be the Secretary’s duty to keep all Minutes of Meetings of the Club and the Committees and to send out notices as required by these Rules.
d) The Honorary Assistant Secretary whose duties shall be determined by the Honorary Secretary according to the needs of the Club.
e) The Honorary Treasurer who shall keep the accounts of the Club and prepare an Annual Account of Finances to be part of the Report of the Committee for submission to the Annual General Meeting.
- The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee consisting of: –
a) The Officers of the Club as provided in Rule 3.
b) Up to 5% of the Membership in accordance with Rule 9. The Committee may, subject to Rule 9 co-opt any Member to serve on the Committee should a vacancy occur. The quorum at Committee Meetings shall be five the Chairman having the casting vote.
c) The Chairmen of Sub-Committees appointed in accordance with Rule 12 shall be Members of the Committee.
- An Honorary Auditor is to be elected annually by Members of the Club.
- Membership is open to the following: –
a) Employees of Transportation companies and their Agents.
b) Employees of Shipping & Forwarding Agents.
c) Employees of Logistics companies & their Agents.
d) Executives & employees of companies directly associated to those qualifying under Rule 6 a, b or c.
- Members ceasing to qualify under Rule 6 shall surrender their Membership at the end of the current Club year.
- Applications for Membership, which must be proposed and seconded by two existing Members shall be submitted for the consideration of the Committee whose decision shall be final. Applicants to be notified of the Committee’s decision.
- Applications for Membership of the Committee is subject to a minimum of five years consecutive Membership and being a regular attendee at luncheons.
10)The annual subscription shall be a sum to be determined by the Committee to reflect rising costs etc. This is payable on election and thereafter on the first day of June, pro-rata at discretion of the Honorary Secretary.
11)Any Member whose subscription is outstanding more than three months from the due date should be deemed to have resigned from the Club. The Committee may, if they think fit, restore their name to the list at any time upon receiving payment of the subscription from them within that year or on such terms as the Committee shall decide.
12)Luncheons shall be arranged on convenient dates at which each Member is permitted to invite guests. Other functions may be arranged as directed by the Committee via Sub-Committees appointed for that purpose.
13)The Annual General Meeting shall be held in June/July each year for the purpose of receiving reports from the Club Officers, and the Committee for the ensuing year and to transact any other business normally dealt with at such a meeting. Resolutions shall be decided by a majority of those present and entitled to vote. Members shall receive at least twenty-one days’ notice of each Annual General Meeting. A G M SHALL BE HELD IN JUNE / JULY ADD EXCEPT IN EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN THE COMMITTEE MAY EXTEND.
Nominations for Officers and Members of the Committee duly proposed and seconded by two Members entitled to vote, must be lodged in writing with the Secretary not less than twenty-one days prior to an Annual General Meeting. A quorum at Annual General Meetings shall be ten Members.
- The Chairman or Honorary Secretary of the Club may summon an Extraordinary General Meeting at any time by giving the Members in writing a minimum of seven days’ notice thereof, and shall summon an Extraordinary General Meeting within seven days of receiving a written requisition of not less than twenty-five Members entitled to vote. The Notice shall state the purpose for which the meeting is called and no business other than that specified in the Notice shall be transacted. A quorum at an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be twenty-five Members.
- A Member shall forfeit their Membership should the Member become bankrupt and fail to notify the Committee. Depending on the circumstances of the bankruptcy the Committee may determine continued Membership is no longer desirable.
- The Bankers of the Club shall be a recognised and reputable Bank approved by the Committee, and the Bank is authorised to honour cheques drawn on the account and signed by any two of the Chairman, Treasurer, Vice Chairman & Ex Chairman, and to accept any one of signatures as endorsement to the credit of the account.
- The Committee shall have power to determine any question affecting the welfare or activities of the Club for which no specific provision has been made in the foregoing rules.
- Alterations, amendments or additions to these Rules shall be made only at the Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting convened for that purpose and must be passed by a two thirds majority of the Members present and entitled to vote thereon. The Honorary Secretary shall give notice to all Members of such proposed alterations, amendments or additions.
- Members changing their Company or Employment must advise the Honorary Secretary to re-affirm their Membership.
- Any Member who has not attended two or more luncheons in a period of one year may have their Membership terminated at the discretion of the Committee.